Design innovation for maximum performance from a minimal footprint! A true collaboration between industrial, mechanical, electronic and acoustic design. Unlike many subwoofers on the market, Seismic™ 110 has no off-the-shelf parts! A completely custom build, demonstrating how good it gets when form truly follows function!
Sleek, curvilinear diecast monocoque exterior, ultra-low-distortion split-coil driver design, 850-watt RMS Ultra-Class-D amplifier, and the 10-inch woofer cone is capable of two full inches of travel, giving it an unbelievably deep voice for such a compact frame. Within the interior of the Seismic 110’s cabinet, components and amplifier are purpose designed and appointed to ensure the highest power and greatest level of reliability as well as stability from the smallest possible physical envelope. Ultra-low distortion split voice-coil design with an extremely long winding width allows for an incredible two inches of linear excursion with vanishing low levels of distortion. Shallow die-cast driver basket and two piece flattened cone construction contribute to the compact footprint. The fully integrated heat-dissipating Ultra-Class D™ amplifier follows the shape of the cabinet maintaining the overall low profile. The amplifier is mounted directly to the amplifier plate to provide both EMI and shock protection. Preamp cover eliminates any possibility of air leaks.
Ultra-High Excursion Bass Driver
It’s all about form following function. Getting the maximum performance from the smallest envelope required a bass driver custom-designed in every aspect.
Unique Two-Part Cone Construction
The low-profile cone geometry is achieved through a two-part construction. Using the principle of triangulation to lend maximum strength to a compact form factor, the cone is built in two sections: A support cone with I-beam cross-sectional support arms locks the flat outer cone to the voice-coil. The surround is then over moulded to the outer edge which becomes an area of high strength when bonded to the outer cone.
Overmoulded Inverted Corrugated Santoprene® Surround
Derived from research performed on Paradigm’s award-winning Signature Series speakers, the corrugations allow for extreme excursion while retaining stability and exceptional centring characteristics. The inverted surround contributes to the compact low-profile form factor of the overall cone assembly.
Extreme Long-Winding-Width Voice Coils (almost 60 mm per coil!)
Allows 2″ (50 mm) of extremely linear excursion with vanishing low levels of distortion.
1-1/2″ (38-mm) Split Voice-Coil Construction
Oppositely wound turns on each coil effectively eliminate motor non-linearity. High temperature wire (adhesive rated to 450 F / 232° C) ensures long-term reliability and very high power handling. Apical™ formers contribute to high stiffness.
Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Cone
10″ (254 mm) with RCR™ Resonance Control Ribs on the underside.
Dual Spider Suspension
Keeps the voice-coil perfectly centred during extreme excursion.
AVS™ Airflow Ventilation System Cooling
Forced-air cooling during large musical transients, chassis convection cooling at all other times.
10-lb (4.5 kg) Computer-Optimized Triple Magnet Assembly with Balanced Field Geometry
Optimized to produce a powerful high-density symmetrical magnetic forcefield while minimizing inductive distortion.
Low-Profile High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminium Chassis
Control flexing and ringing. Aluminium is non-magnetic so stray magnetic losses are eliminated. Shallow basket designed to perfectly accommodate the low-profile cone, reinforcing the overall compact form factor.
Two 1/2″ (12 mm) Thick Steel Top Plates
Provide plenty of close-contact heat-dissipating surface area and thermal mass to maximize power handling.
The Seismic™ 110 features a state-of-the-art Ultra-Class-D™ amplifier house inside the gorgeous industrial design cabinet. Once again, form following function is the guiding principle.
Innovative Ultra-Class-D™ Amplifier with Switching Power Supply
More than 90% efficiency! Prodigious total output: 1,700 watts of Dynamic Peak Power; 850 watts of RMS Sustained Power.
Big Power from a Compact Package
Our low-noise, ultra-high-power, compact transformer (0.4 lb / 0.18 kg) boasts an ETD-core developed particularly for applications that require high power in a small format. The switched-mode power supply benefits from: highest quality MOSFET transistors, noise-suppression networks and an advanced control circuit. The result is tremendous current with ultra-quiet operation.
The Full-Bridge Ultra-Class-D™ Design Output Stage
Operates from split power supply rails ensuring exceptionally low distortion. Not only does this design increase the speed of the switching, it dramatically increases switching efficiency.
Precision Components and Dual-Sided Military Spec (FR-4 rated) Glass / Epoxy Circuit Boards
Superior ‘Reference’ quality performance with an enviable degree of reliability.
Unique Temperature Sensors
Maintain a safe operating temperature, even under extreme operating conditions.
Advanced Short-Circuit Protection
Should current through the MOSFETs exceed an internally preset limit, a Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR) disables the output stage. Essentially a ‘latching’ device, the SCR will not allow the output stage to be re-enabled until power is reset. Reaction time is typically within 10 μs.
Novel Adaptive PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Power Processor
Minimizes distortion and optimizes efficiency. Conventional Class-D designs have very low power supply rejection. Paradigm’s Ultra-Class-D™ design inherently rejects variations in the power supply.
Paradigm’s Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Design
Sophisticated mathematical algorithms “shape” the frequency response, ensuring accurate, consistent and musical bass without audible distortion, even when the subwoofer is playing at its loudest level.
Input and Control Facilities
- Low-Level Input – RCA: Allows connection from the RCA (S/E) Left and Right or Sub/LFE Outputs of your Preamplifier/Processor or other suitable low-level source.
- Low-Level Input – Balanced XLR: Allows connection from the Balanced XLR Sub/LFE Output of your Preamplifier/Processor or other suitable low-level source. This input provides the lowest noise and distortion. It is important for long cable runs where noise and distortion could degrade performance.
- Auto On/Off: Eliminates the need for a manually operated power switch. Turns the subwoofer on when there is an input signal. If no signal is present, after a period of time it turns off.
- Trigger On/Off: Allows the subwoofer’s power on/off to be controlled by components that have trigger output (preamp/processor, etc.)
- Subwoofer Cut-Off with Bypass Options: (Continuously variable 35 Hz – 150 Hz). Controls the subwoofer’s upper frequency cut-off and can be set to match the low-frequency roll-off characteristics of your system’s speakers. The Bypass Option allows you to bypass the subwoofer’s built-in-cut-off control to let your preamp/processor’s or receiver’s internal bass management system provide the crossover function.
- Subwoofer Level Control: Balances the subwoofer level with that of the other speakers in your system.
- Phase Alignment: (Continuously variable 0° to 180°)
- USB Port/PBK Interface: Allows for connection of the Paradigm Perfect Bass Kit digital room correction system (sold separately) and also for potential future upgrades to software installed in your subwoofer.