The Custom Installer’s Performance-Oriented Solution.
The CI Elite series is Made in Canada and has all the technology advantages of Paradigm’s CI PRO Series, but they didn’t stop there. It’s packed full of features that make a difference, and it doesn’t get much sweeter than this when looking for the ultimate sound performance.
Aluminium Magnesium Ceramic (AL-MAC™) Tweeter with Exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens
AL-MAC™ is Paradigm’s unique blend of Aluminium, Magnesium and Ceramic materials; each of which contribute to the end goal of greater accuracy and realism. Their special properties contribute to the final product which is not only strong and lightweight, but embodies a natural anti-resonance to ensure the tweeter doesn’t just sound good “on paper” but truly sounds incredible in the real world.
Aluminium Magnesium (AL-MAG™) Cones
Similar to the goals Paradigm had in mind when developing the AL-MAC™ tweeter, AL-MAG™ was conceived to bring the same elevated level of performance to the area where our ears are the most sensitive. In addition, AL-MAG™ combines high stiffness-to-mass ratio with superior internal damping for greater accuracy.
Advanced Shock-Mount™ System
Mechanically decouples the basket from the die-cast aluminium baskets from the specially formulated CARBON-X™ ingrained baffles reducing performance-robbing vibrations and resonances between the acoustic platform and the rest of the speaker. Without these resonances, all drivers are left free to deliver pure, unaltered sound with no audible distortion.
Oversized, 1.5″ High-Power Handling Voice Coil
Motor structure dramatically increases maximum output level and reduces power compression.
Patented† Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds
Made in-house and over-moulded directly onto each cone, achieve greater excursion for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. † US patents: D654,479S and 8,340,340B2
Advanced Features for a Solid and Secure Installation
- FEA-Optimised Ultra Rigid Cast-Aluminium Baskets feature integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression.
- Integrated Acoustic Back-box Enclosure safeguards internal parts from debris while preventing added sound ‘spillage’ to adjacent rooms. It also ensures consistent and reliable performance from application to application. (CI Elite LCR models only)
- Screen Compensation Mode ensures true acoustic transparency when placed behind micro-perforated projection screens. (CI Elite LCR models only)
- Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Premium-grade components include high-power rated resistors, capacitors and heavy gauge wire inductors.
- Nickel-plated, spring loaded binding posts feature a larger wire hole to accept higher-gauge wire or banana plugs.
- Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grilles. Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Magnetically attached grilles: neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
Crafted in Canada
Designed, engineered, and fully Crafted in Canada, by people who love great audio (just like you). CI Pro Series products are truly hand-built for performance.
|DESIGN||2-driver, 2-way in-ceiling, 30°-Angled Guided Soundfield System, Advanced SHOCK-MOUNT™ System, Ultra-Rigid CARBON-X™ Baffle|
|CROSSOVER||3rd-order electro- acoustic at 2.0 kHz|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE ON-AXIS||±3 dB from 60 Hz – 22 kHz|
|HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER||1” (2.5cm) Aluminium Magnesium Ceramic (AL-MAC™) Tweeter with Exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens and Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology|
|MID/BASS FREQUENCY DRIVER||8” (20.3cm) Aluminium Magnesium (AL-MAG™) Coneswith overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surround, Advanced Shock-Mount™ System, 1.5” high-temp voicecoil, FEA-Optimized Ultra Rigid Cast- Aluminium Baskets|
|LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION||39 Hz|
|SENSITIVITY ROOM / ANECHOIC||94 dB / 90 dB|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE 30° OFF-AXIS||±3 dB from 60 Hz – 18 kHz|
|SUITABLE AMPLIFIER POWER RANGE||15-160 W|
|MAXIMUM INPUT POWER||100 W|
|IMPEDANCE||Compatible with 8 ohms|
|WEIGHT||9.0 lbs (4.1kg)|
|FINISHES||White, paintable grille, black speaker|
|CUT-OUT DIMENSIONS||11-7/16” (29.1cm) dia.|
|MINIMUM MOUNTING DEPTH|
(DEPTH REQUIRED IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN 1/2″ DRYWALL, OR SIMILAR MATERIAL.)
|DIMENSIONS HXWXD (INCLUDES GRILLE).||12-5/8” x 6-3/8” (32.0cm x 15.5cm)|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.