Revitalise Your Entertainment Lifestyle
Start your new entertainment life in the media room, where the RZ50 passes 8K HDR video to your display via HDMI®—optimized for lag-free gameplay— and feeds Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X® sound to your 5.2.4-ch speaker system with high-current power behind it. Move to another space and music follows with three-zone powered audio and the SMART AV Receiver™ suite controlled by voice with easy access to streaming services. The AVR fits into your Sonos system and plays to headphones over bidirectional Bluetooth® wireless technology. With 75 years of hi-fi knowhow elevating Onkyo’s THX® Certified Select and IMAX® Enhanced certified RZ Series custom amp design, music, film scores, and game soundtracks thrill with emotion, sound perfected by Dirac Live® Room Correction. This AVR has features others don’t, such as front-to-height stereo switching for background listening, DSP vocal/dialog enhancement, My Volume presets, and an OSD function that compares source data to output settings so playback can be optimized before entertainment kicks off.
- 250 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven), 120 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven, FTC)
- Certified for IMAX Enhanced and THX Certified Select
- Exclusive Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA) RZ Series build
- Wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response
- Custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer
- Custom 15,000 μF high-current smoothing capacitors
- Refined chassis, HDMI board, DAC, digital/analog inputs, power-amp grounds, and power lines
- Isolated network module reduces high-frequency interference on audio circuitry
- Original 2-stage non-phase-shift amplifier circuitry with discrete output stage
- Anti-resonant extruded aluminium heat-sink
- High current capability drives 4-ohm loads through 9 channels
- High-quality DAC supports 192 kHz/24-bit multichannel D/A conversion
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) noise filtering (Front L/R)
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) anti-jitter technology for SPDIF audio
- Independent tone controls (bass/treble) for all channels (excluding Zone 3)
VIDEO & AUDIO SUPPORT
- HDMI*1 supports 8K/60p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:2:2/12-bit*7, 4:2:0/10-bit*8), 8K/30p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:4:4/10-bit*8, 4:2:2/12-bit*8, 4:2:0/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:4:4/10-bit*8, 4:2:2/12-bit*8, 4:2:0/12-bit) video passthrough, VRR, ALLM, QFT, DSC (Display Stream Compression), QMS (Quick Media Switching), eARC (Main Out), HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio® decoding
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer 3D audio processing
- Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X 3D upmixing technology
- IMAX Mode for IMAX Enhanced content
- THX® listening modes for movies, music, and games
- Theatre-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function
- Sound optimization for games (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
- Hi-Res Audio playback via network (DSD256/DSD128/DSD64 [PCM conversion], FLAC, WAV [RIFF], AIFF, and ALAC to 192 kHz/24-bit*9)
- Pure Audio Mode and Direct Mode for source-authentic sound quality
- SMART AV Receiver multi-room platform with integrated streaming services, voice assistant support, and remote app control*10
- Works with Sonos certified for the Sonos Home Sound System, control with Sonos app*10
- Works with Alexa supporting multi-room music*11
- Works with Hey Google*12 and Chromecast built-in
- Supports Apple AirPlay 2 enabling Siri voice control
- DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio via Onkyo Music Control App*10
- 1.8 GHz quad-core SoC supports 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi
- Roon Tested for the Roon Core
- 7 HDMI inputs (1 front), 2 outputs (Main [eARC], Sub/Zone 2)
- 1 component video input (assignable)
- 2 composite video inputs (assignable)
- 2 digital audio inputs (1 coaxial, 1 optical, assignable)
- 6 analog RCA audio inputs (assignable)
- 1 phono input with built-in low-noise MM equalizer for turntable
- 1/8˝ (3.5 mm) setup mic input for AccuEQ/Dirac Live (front)
- 1/4˝ (6.35 mm) headphone jack (front)
- 11.2-ch pre-outs (analog RCA, variable)
- Zone 2/Zone B and Zone 3 analog RCA pre/line-level outputs*13
- 11 banana-plug-ready screw-type speaker posts (including exclusive Zone 2 outputs)
- 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet terminal for network and IP control
- USB input (5 V/1 A) for audio playback (rear)
- RS-232 serial port for remote control
- IR (infrared) input for remote-control extenders
- 12 V trigger output (Main, assignable, 100 mA)
- AC inlet for detachable IEC power cord
- Dirac Live improves staging, localization, clarity, and bass
- Bluetooth® wireless technology can receive audio sent from mobiles and PC, transmit audio to wireless headphones (RX mode: SBC/AAC, TX mode: SBC/Qualcomm® aptX™/aptX HD)
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves compressed audio playback quality
- Vocal Enhancer boosts vocal/dialog audibility via remote control or front-panel keys
- Front-to-Surround/Height speaker switching in Stereo Assign Mode for background listening
- Overlaid OSD function displays A/V input signal data, output data/settings, and network information
- My Input Volume one-touch volume memory preset assignment to individual A/V inputs
- Transmit HQ audio from compatible TVs to the A/V receiver via eARC (HDMI Main Out)
- Aluminium front panel, concealment flap door, and volume control
- Connect Zone 2 speakers and 7.2.2/5.2.4-ch speaker system using dedicated Zone 2 outputs (Zone 2 + 7.2/5.2.2-ch switching)
- Play three audio sources via dedicated DACs and MAIN, Zone 2, and Zone 3 speaker outputs*14
- Share MAIN audio or a second source (including HDMI/SPDIF*15) to a hi-fi via Zone 2 pre-/line-out
- Share any MAIN audio source to a wireless headphone dock via Zone B line-out*16
- 4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K video upscaling via HDMI
- GUI with overlaid OSD via HDMI
- IP control and AVR setup via web browser
- Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz*17)
- Efficient standby modes including HDMI Passthrough Mode
- Optional rack-mounting kit (IRK-180-4C)
- FM/AM tuners with 40-station random preset memory
- 3-Mode display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
KLIPSCH OPTIMISE MODE
Klipsch Optimise Mode allows you to easily integrate your new Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers seamlessly with your Onkyo AV receiver. Klipsch and Onkyo teamed up to implement the precise crossover values for specific new Reference Premiere speakers. Your Onkyo AV Receiver is all ready to work in sync with your Klipsch speakers.
DIRAC LIVE® ROOM CORRECTION
State-of-the-art digital room correction technology improves overall audio performance across the full frequency band with no additional upgrade required. Dirac Live automatically calibrates sound in your room using either your smartphone and the included wired mic, or go virtually wireless with the Dirac Live PC or MacOS * application, and a 3rd party USB mic (not included). Dirac Live unlocks your loudspeakers’ full potential in any listening space and delivers a uniquely pristine listening experience.
* Device must be connected to the internet and the same network as your AVR.
ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
4K/120 enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor-sharp; and sports, action movies, and high-performance gaming benefit significantly. The TX-RZ50 supports higher performance from streaming devices like the latest Apple TV.
The TX-RZ50 features up to 11.2 channel processing and pre-outs for 7.2.4 system layouts, making it an ideal choice for your premium home theatre setup.
In 1993, Onkyo became the first consumer home theatre electronics brand to be THX-certified. With literally thousands of tests, before earning the THX-certification logo: no matter what input is used, no matter what combination of the many built-in features for the AVR, preamplifier, or amplifier, there can be absolutely nothing added, nothing taken away from the source material. The TX-RZ50 offers four distinct THX listening modes: cinema, gaming, music, and surround EX.
IMAX® Enhanced Mode
IMAX digitally re-mastered content for the home environment is created to provide the same sharp 4K HDR images and powerful sound just as the filmmaker intended. Onkyo’s IMAX Mode is meticulously optimized to play digitally remastered content to deliver the best viewing and listening experience on Earth.
Discrete Zone 2 HDMI Switching
Set up different Ultra High-Definition entertainment options with up to 8K60 resolution* in two different rooms from your Onkyo receiver. Watch a movie in the home theatre, while the kids watch cartoons in their playroom.*
*8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used.
HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports eARC, a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K and eARC ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
BUILT-IN MULTI-ZONE STREAMING AND VOICE CONTROL
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 9.2-Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver easily integrates into your existing Smart Home ecosystem, including Apple Airplay, Alexa, Google apps, and more. You get a highly capable and compatible network device that can stream your favourites wherever you want in your home with up to 8K60 resolution.**
*A third-party AI device is required for voice commands – sold separately
***8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used
Works with Sonos Certified
This Onkyo receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or be the start of a new one, just by pairing it with a Sonos Port* This Works With Sonos Certified AVR offers a best-in-class tie-in to the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs, and playing at the volume you want using the Sonos Volume-Pass Through feature from the Sonos app*. The TX-RZ50 can work with up to three Sonos Ports—one for each of three independent zones—each playing a completely different streaming service from Sonos Radio.
*Sonos Port required and sold separately.
The TX-RZ50 AV receiver features a sleek aluminium drop-down panel to conceal the buttons and controls for an upgraded, more luxuriant appearance.
BI-DIRECTIONAL BLUETOOTH® WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
This Onkyo AVR can send and receive audio via Bluetooth wireless technology. Stream from your device to the receiver using SBC or AAC codecs, or transmit audio playing through the AVR to compatible wireless headphones using SBC, aptX™, or aptX HD codecs including 24-bit audio over aptX HD. The improved data transfer capabilities of the latest generation of Bluetooth ensure clear and reliable sound reproduction so you hear your favourite songs just as the recording engineer intended.
BUILT-IN STREAMING SERVICES
Access to Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Pandora® are built into the system. Use dedicated apps (where available) or the free Onkyo Control App for Apple and Android devices to find and play music.
READY FOR DTS PLAY-FI®
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, networked media servers, and your device library over Wi-Fi® to any number of compatible products using the Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi can synchronize the music in every room. Each member of your family can use their own device to listen to their music in a room or group of rooms. DTS Play-Fi lets you structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem that satisfies virtually any need.
*1 Features defined in HDMI 2.1 specification, HDR10+, and passthrough capabilities described are supported on HDMI inputs 1–6, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out in Sub Mode output. *2 Requires a Sonos Connect or Port (sold separately). Connection of 1–3 Sonos devices is supported with volume control enabled via the Sonos app for compatible iPhone, iPad, and Android™ devices. *3 Amazon Music HD is supported via DTS Play-Fi. *4 Service availability varies with region and subscriptions may be required. *5 HDMI Zone 2 Mode output supports signals via HDMI inputs 1–3. *6 Some countries or regions have regulations that affect wireless signal strength and use of Wi-Fi channels. *7 DSC signals only. *8 DSC signals only when input via HDMI inputs 4–6. *9 Supported sampling rates may vary depending on network environment. DSD is converted to PCM upon playback. ALAC is supported to a maximum 96 kHz. *10 Available free for compatible iPhone and iPad at the App Store. Available free for compatible Android devices at the Google Play Store. *11 Voice control requires an Amazon Alexa enabled device. Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update. *12 Voice control requires a Google Assistant enabled device. *13 Zone B is line-level output only. *14 HDMI/SPDIF/NET supported in Zone 2. Analog/NET supported in Zone 3. When set to Zone 2, HDMI audio is available on inputs 1–3. SPDIF and HDMI support PCM signals only. Simultaneous playback of multiple audio sources is enabled. *15 HDMI audio is available on inputs 1–3. SPDIF and HDMI support PCM signals only. Simultaneous playback of multiple audio sources is enabled. *16 When set to Zone B mode, playback of encoded and PCM audio via any input is enabled in MAIN and Zone B. *17 Max. 400 ms (5 ms steps) at 96 kHz, and max. 200 ms (5 ms steps) at 192 kHz.