The first in the series to offer both 9 channels and built-in, ready-to-use DIRAC Live® Room Correction, the Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2 Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver brings new meaning to the phrase, “home movie night.” The DIRAC Live® Room Correction offers improved musical staging, clarity, dialog, and deeper bass, while the additional two channels create a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos® immersive surround sound experience.
Featuring three HDMI-out options, the TX-NR7100 AV receiver delivers uncompressed HDMI 8K/4K transfer at 40 Gbps, increasing the bandwidth over its predecessors. Put through thousands of tests to obtain the coveted THX Certification, this SMART AV Receiver™ delivers an unparalleled movie, music, and gaming experience to your home.
- 220 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven), 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- THX Certified Select
- Certified for IMAX Enhanced
- Onkyo Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA)
- Discrete 2-stage non-phase-shift amplifier circuitry
- Custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer
- Large custom-made audio-grade power capacitors
- Strengthened power-supply line supports high-current dynamics
- Refined chassis, HDMI board, DAC, Digital/Analog inputs, power-amp grounds and power lines
- Isolated network module reduces high-frequency signal interference on audio circuitry
- High current capability drives 4-ohm loads through 9 channels
- Precision 192 kHz/24-bit D/A conversion for Hi-Res Audio
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) noise filtering (Front L/R)
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) anti-jitter technology for SPDIF audio
VIDEO & AUDIO SUPPORT
- Supports features defined in HDMI 2.1*9 specification including 8K/60p(4:4:4/12-bit*10, 4:2:2/12-bit*10, 4:2:0/10-bit*11), 8K/30p(4:4:4/12bit*10, 4:4:4/10-bit*11, 4:2:2/12-bit*11, 4:2:0/12-bit), 4K/120p(4:4:4/12bit*10, 4:4:4/10-bit*11, 4:2:2/12-bit*11, 4:2:0/12-bit) video passthrough, VRR, ALLM, QFT (Quick Frame Transport), DSC (Display Stream Compression), QMS (Quick Media Switching), and eARC (Main Out); supports HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, HDR10, and HLG, and BT.2020 colour; DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio® decoding
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer 3D sound processing
- Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X 3D upmixing technologies
- Hi-Res Audio playback via network and USB including DSD256, DSD128, DSD64 (DSDIFF/DSF) and 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC, ALAC, WAV (RIFF), and AIFF*12
- SACD (Super Audio CD) playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz 2-ch/multichannel)
- IMAX Enhanced certified for immersive signature sound by DTS:X
- THX® listening modes for movies, music, and games
- Theatre-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function • Sound optimization for games (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- SMART AV Receiver multi-room platform with integrated streaming services, voice assistant support, and control via remote apps
- Fast quad-core SoC supports 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi
- Works with Sonos for the Sonos Home Sound System with Sonos app*13
- Works with Alexa supporting multi-room music*14
- Works with Hey Google and Chromecast built-in
- Supports Apple AirPlay 2 enabling Siri voice control
- DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio via Onkyo Music Control App*13
- Control and manage multiroom playback with Onkyo Controller app*13
- Roon Tested certification for the Roon Core
- IP Control for AVR setup via PC and integration into a home automation system
- 7 HDMI inputs (1 front), 2 outputs (Main Out [eARC], Sub/Zone 2 Out)
- component video input (assignable)
- 2 composite video inputs (assignable)
- 2 digital audio inputs (optical and coaxial, assignable)
- 6 analog RCA audio inputs (assignable)
- 1/8˝ (3.5 mm) mini-stereo analog input (front)
- 1 phono input with built-in MM phono equalizer
- 1/8˝ (3.5 mm) mic input for room acoustic correction setup
- 1/4˝ (6.35 mm) headphone jack
- 2 subwoofer pre-outs
- Zone 2/Zone B analog RCA line-level out
- 9 banana-plug-ready speaker binding posts
- 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet terminal for network connection
- USB input (DC 5 V/1 A) for audio playback (rear)
- RS-232C serial input and IR input for infrared repeaters
- 12 V trigger output (Main, 100 mA, assignable)
- AC inlet for detachable IEC power cord
- Supports Dirac Live Room Correction
- Bluetooth wireless technology supports audio reception from mobile devices and PC, audio transmission to supported headphones (RX mode: SBC/AAC, TX mode: SBC/aptX/aptX HD)
- Advanced Music Optimizer™ improves compressed audio playback quality
- Wake on Play standby for Bluetooth and Network with auto input-switching
- Dedicated Zone 2 D/A converter supports simultaneous playback of independent sources (HDMI/SPDIF/NET)
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 speaker outputs enable 7.2-ch + Zone 2 / 5.2.2-ch + Zone 2 / 5.2-ch + Zone 2 + Zone 3 speaker connection and switching*15
- Zone 2 line-out*8 (analog RCA) connects compatible audio systems for independent D/A playback ( HDMI/SPDIF/NET*8)
- Zone B line-out*8 (analog RCA) connects compatible wireless headphone transmitters for synced playback with MAIN Zone*8
- Vocal Enhancer boosts vocals/dialog audibility via remote control or front panel keys
- Switch Front L/R speakers to Height 1/Height 2/Surround/Surround Back with Stereo Assign Mode*15 for BGM listening
- My Input Volume one-touch startup volume assignment to individual inputs
- High-definition GUI with overlaid OSD over HDMI
- 4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K upscaling and 480i to 480p deinterlacing over HDMI
- OSD function shows Audio, Video and Network information
- FM/AM tuner with 40 random station memory presets
- Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz*16)
- Various standby modes and HDMI pass-through
- 3-Mode display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Optional rack-mounting kit (IRK-155-3D)
KLIPSCH OPTIMISE MODE
Klipsch Optimize Mode allows you to easily integrate your new Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers seamlessly with your Onkyo AV receiver. Klipsch and Onkyo teamed up to implement the precise crossover values for specific new Reference Premiere speakers. Your Onkyo AV Receiver is all ready to work in sync with your Klipsch speakers.
DIRAC LIVE® ROOM CORRECTION
Built-in to the TX-NR7100 and ready to use, this state-of-the-art digital room correction technology will optimize your speakers’ overall audio performance for enhanced musical staging, clarity, dialog, and deeper bass. You can easily calibrate your home theatre system using the free Onkyo Control App for Android and iOS devices and the included microphone for 3-9 positions or the free Dirac Live laptop app for up to 13 positions and a 3rd-party USB mic.
Discrete Zone 3 HDMI Switching
Set up different high-definition entertainment options with up to 8K60 resolution* in two different rooms from your Onkyo receiver when the kids don’t feel like partaking in whatever you like or vice versa.**
*8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used
**Zone 3 for analog and Net sources only
IMAX® ENHANCED MODE
IMAX digitally re-mastered content for the home environment is created to provide the same sharp 4K HDR images and powerful sound just as the filmmaker intended. Onkyo’s IMAX Mode is meticulously optimized to play digitally remastered content to deliver the best viewing and listening experience on Earth.
HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports eARC, a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K and eARC ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
BUILT-IN STREAMING SERVICES
Access to Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Pandora® are built into the system. Use dedicated apps (where available) or the free Onkyo Control App for Apple and Android devices to find and play music.
In 1993, Onkyo became the first consumer electronics brand to be THX-certified. With literally thousands of tests, before earning the THX-certification logo: no matter what input is used, no matter what combination of the many built-in features for the AVR, preamplifier, or amplifier, there can be absolutely nothing added, nothing taken away from the source material. The TX-NR7100 offers four distinct THX listening modes: cinema, gaming, music, and surround EX.
ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion -VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
SMART HOME COMPATIBLE WITH VOICE CONTROL
The Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2-Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver easily integrates into your existing Smart Home ecosystem, including Apple Airplay, Alexa, Google apps, and more. You get a highly capable and compatible network device that can operate seamlessly in your multi-room ecosystem.*
*Requires third-party AI compatible smart home device with microphone
WORKS WITH SONOS CERTIFIED
This receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or be the start of a new one, just by pairing it with a Sonos Port.* This works with Sonos Certified AVR offers a best-in-class tie-in to the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs, and playing at the volume you want using the Sonos Volume-Pass Through feature from the Sonos app. The TX-NR7100 can work with up to three Sonos Ports—one for each of three independent zones—each playing a completely different streaming service from Sonos Radio.
*Sonos Port required and sold separately
BI-DIRECTIONAL BLUETOOTH® WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
This Onkyo AVR can send and receive audio via Bluetooth wireless technology. Stream from your device to the receiver using SBC or AAC codecs, or transmit audio playing through the AVR to compatible wireless headphones using SBC, aptX™, or aptX HD codecs including 24-bit audio over aptX HD. The improved data transfer capabilities of the latest generation of Bluetooth ensure clear and reliable sound reproduction so you hear your favorite songs just as the recording engineer intended.
READY FOR DTS PLAY-FI®
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, networked media servers, and your device library over Wi-Fi® to any number of compatible products using the Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi can synchronize the music in every room. Each member of your family can use their own device to listen to their music in a room or group of rooms. DTS Play-Fi lets you structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem that satisfies virtually any need.
*1 Requires a Sonos Connect or Port (sold separately). Connection of 1–3 Sonos devices is supported with volume control enabled via the Sonos app for iOS and Android™ devices. *2 Amazon Music HD is supported via DTS Play-Fi. *3 Streaming service availability may vary by region. An account and subscription may be required for some streaming services. *4 Voice control requires an Alexa built-in or Google Assistant-enabled device, such as a smart speaker or smartphone. Interoperability with streaming services depends on the respective technology and the country or region. *5 Some countries or regions have regulations that affect wireless signal-strength and use of Wi-Fi channels. *6 Zone 3 supports analog/ NET only. In Zone 2, HDMI and SPDIF support 2-ch PCM audio signals only, and HDMI audio is supported via HDMI inputs 1–3. Simultaneous playback of multiple audio sources is enabled. *7 Zone B and Zone 2 line-out modes are shared on the same analog RCA line-out terminal. *8 When set to Zone 2 mode, HDMI audio is available on inputs 1–3; SPDIF and HDMI support 2-ch PCM signals only; and simultaneous playback of multiple audio sources is enabled. When set to Zone B mode, encoded and 2-ch PCM audio playback for all inputs is enabled in MAIN and Zone B. *9 Features defined in HDMI 2.1 specification, HDR10+, and passthrough capabilities described are supported on HDMI inputs 1–6, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out in Sub Mode output. *10 DSC (Display Stream Compression) signals only. *11 DSC signals only when input via HDMI inputs 4–6. *12 Supported sampling-rates may vary depending on network environment. DSD is converted to PCM upon playback. ALAC is supported to a maximum 96 kHz. *13 Available free for iPhone and iPad at the App Store. Available free for Android devices on Google Play. Please check device and OS requirements before installation. *14 Multi-room music may require a firmware update. *15 Speaker-switching capabilities depend on the speaker layout. *16 Max. 400 ms (5 ms steps) at 96 kHz, and max. 200 ms (5 ms steps) at 192 kHz.