When utter softness meets superb durability, the result is lasting luxury.
The key to Intertwine’s distinctive, luxurious style is the super-high density 5/64 gauge carpet weaving process in conjunction with the specially engineered fibre Art Silk. This cleverly engineered fibre has all of the gloss and luxury of silk while eliminating its fragility and impracticality.
Art Silk is the key to Intertwine
Each strand of this advanced proprietary yarn is made from an engineered molecule whose structure prevents dirt from adhering to the component filaments, making vacuuming more effective and stain removal easier.
This yarn structure, plus the density of the weave, means Intertwine is also hardwearing and durable: they do not crush as easily and recover more fully after compression.
Art Silk advantages (INTERTWINE’s certifications)
- Designed for a strong molecular structure that resists fibre-loss from abrasion
- Won’t shed or pill
- Stays in as-new condition long after installation
- Colourfast and easily dyed in any shade
- Resistant to UV fading from sunlight
- Defies staining from many household products that permanently mark normal carpets
- Requires no special maintenance or cleaning techniques
Art Silk Standards
All Art Silk carpets meet or exceed the following:
- Rated for 1,000-foot traffic/day – suitable for heavy domestic and medium commercial usage
- Compliant with AS/ISO 9239 Critical Radiant Flux flammability standard
- TOG ratings ideally matched for under-floor heating use
The safety of Art Silk
The Art Silk yarn combines with Intertwine’s special Ceneva Actionbac backing to make for carpets that are far more flame and heat resistant than standard. Further, Actionbac does not to emit black smoke – as standard carpet backing does – in the event of a serious fire.
The whole Intertwine label is accredited as an environmentally and ethically friendly product.